HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Introduced IT Governance and Portfolio Management processes and established PMO in a global 1000 organization.
- More than eight years experience managing projects across a broad range of IT solution areas including large global projects of diverse scope across functional areas and multiple systems.
- Expert in strategic planning and process methodologies.
- Authority in Project Management with an in-depth understanding of PMBOK, project management methodologies and SDLC methodologies.
- Proven success in managing process improvement initiatives and managing change within an organization.
- Adept in consultation, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Extensive business experience including: e-commerce, business development, sales, trade management, market research, and decision support.
- Initiated formal project governance processes for technology investment decisions. Annual project investment of $26M resulted in three year return of $45M.
- Aligned project portfolio to support strategic direction and transformational changes.
- Reduced project risk by implementing stage gate approval processes.
- Reformed budgeting processes to give Business leaders IT budget responsibility and ownership, thereby increasing trust and cooperation between Business and IT.
- Formulated and implemented IT communication program.
- Created metrics and managed reporting dashboards for project and IT Operations.
- Boosted commitment to project benefits by developing post implementation review processes and ensuring all projects had a formal close out.
- Developed IT Master Plan to lead innovation and change, align demand and resources for new projects and to ensure IT investments adhered to architecture standards.
- Managed IT Reorganization Project. New organization was designed to serve the Business.
- Developed, trained and implemented enterprise-wide realistic, actionable resource forecasting to align business expectations with what IT can deliver.
- Performed resource leveling across projects.
- Worked closely with executive management to draft corporate objectives and strategy and translate them into IT project prioritization.
- Developed project roadmap recommendations to accelerate, delay, or place on hold projects based on resource availability and strategic priorities.
- Developed, trained, implemented and coached company wide IT project management methodology standards covering 650 personnel in 27 countries.
- Implemented project portfolio management software solutions: Time Reporting, Status Reporting, Plan Roadmap, Schedule Management, Financial Accounting and Resource Forecasting.
- Delivered CRM system from definition through launch. Managed team of 25+ including IT, business, contractor and offshore resources.
- Managed project which determined how information should run business processes for a global 1000 transportation company. The new framework helped optimize the supply chain by improving integration between customer support, finance, operations, pricing and sales.
- Created a prioritized roadmap of projects to achieve the design.
- Developed service-based systems architecture to support new processes in a on a design that met regional and trade requirements within a standardized framework.
- Developed and implemented e-commerce strategies to reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction. Electronic customer business transactions increased from 8% to 45% of total, reducing inbound calls per shipment by 20% and saving several million dollars annually.
• Developed business plans for entry into new markets including Latin America and Europe and new services including customs brokerage.
Management Tools: Access, DreamWeaver, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Word
Project/ SDLC Tools: Primavera, MS Project, Project Server /, Rational Requisite Pro, Remedy
Testing/Reporting Tools: Test Director, WinRunner / Actuate, Brio, Holos, Webfocus,
Languages: C++, COBOL, HTML, Java, JSP, PowerBuilder, SQL
Data Interchange: FTP, LU 6.2, MQ, NDM, Cyclone, Mercator, ANSI x21, EDIFACT, XML
Platforms: AS400, UNIX (AIX & Solaris), WebSphere, WebLogic, Windows NT/2000/XP, z/OS
Databases: DB2, IDMS, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server, Teradata
APL Limited, Oakland, California 1983 to 2007
IT Governance Director 2003 to 2007
Implemented IT Governance and Project Portfolio Management processes and established PMO in a global 1000 organization.
IT Program Director 2000 to 2003
Worked closely with colleagues, customers and vendors to prioritize and execute large scale transformational programs and projects to ensure maximum return on investment was achieved.
Information Exchange Director 1998 to 2000
Responsible for development and marketing of multiple communication channels with customers, partners and vendors in order to improve customer service, reduce cost and increase sales.
Marketing Director 1995 to 1998
Responsible for all research and analysis including sales, marketing, pricing product planning and business development. Owner of data warehouse supporting several thousand users
Pomona College - BA International Relations
UC Berkeley Extension - Project Management Certification Program
Project Management Institute – PMP Project Management Professional Certification