Skills - Here's my skills cloud from my friends on Linkedin
Advanced Energy Economy Classes
Neural Energy Consulting
July 2015 – Present (4 months) El Cerrito
Finding best available technologies for meeting energy needs today and tomorrow: energy efficiency, demand response,, solar, wind, electric vehicles, biofuels and smart grid. It’s all the innovations that make the energy we use more secure, clean, and affordable.
Miner Energy Consulting
May 2013 – July 2015 (2 years 3 months) El Cerrito, CA
HERS Rating Service with Greenpoint Rating, T24 Energy Modeling and Project Prioritization and Management.
The initial target market will be local home owners, local small business owners, contractors and real estate agents, Future services could include: training, supply chain analysis.
- Promote community and individual action and engagement
- Involve learners of all ages
- Help businesses and residents be more sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Inform and champion the City’s environmental policies and ordinances
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Change material use patterns by encouraging Reduction, Reuse, Recycling & Composting
- Champion energy efficiency, renewable energy generation, and efficient transportation
- Minimize hazardous chemical use and human/environmental exposures to toxics
- Protect & create open green space, maintain and restore natural areas with an emphasis on native ecosystems, and encourage a network of human/wildlife friendly green habitat throughout developed areas
- Support sustainable water use, healthy creeks, and green infrastructure
Jan 2013 - Apr 2015 (2 years 3 months)
- Organized semi-monthly Green Team volunteer work parties (including clean-ups and invasive plant removal), to help the City keep priority areas and waterways clear of trash, and maintain public spaces and parks.
- Recognized volunteer efforts an annual volunteer appreciation party
- Held numerous successful environmentally themed film and lecture events with guest speakers and audience interaction (approximately 2-4 per year)
- Hillside Festival and Music for Madera now recurring events
- After EQC lobbied for Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) options over several years, Council joined MCE as recommended
- Assisted MCE with CCA outreach (energy film, Earth day and July 4th tabling)
- Met our goal in the very successful $100k private fundraising campaign to help acquire the Madera open space connection for the Hillside Natural Area
- Reviewed and provided feedback on the Urban Greening Plan
- “Bee Haven” Pollinator Friendly Community ordinance
- Recommendation to Council to designate Priority Conservation Areas
- Fundraising toward purchase of the Madera Open Space. Cosponsored Hillside Fest and the Music for Madera Festiva
- Green living workshops on residential home energy efficiency and drought resiliency
- Input to the San Pablo Avenue Specific Plan, (Adopted 2014)
- Participated in the Ohlone Greenway reopening celebration and an Earth Hour event
- Supported policy development and hosted public forums for El Cerrito Climate Action Plan
- Supported policy development and hosted public forums for Single Use Plastic Bags and EPS Foam Take Out Containers ordinances
- Responsible for IT project portfolio including strategic alignment, financial performance, project management, risk diversification, and resource utilization.
- Developed and implemented company wide project management standards
- Deployed and managed Primavera project and portfolio management software
- Ensured that IT investments adhered to the architecture standards.
- Established an IT governance structure to review major investment decisions and track progress
- Developed an IT communication program, targeted to the appropriate level, to educate end-users on the key components of our IT systems and strategies. Closed gaps in employee satisfaction with communications.
Success Stories -